1940's: Clearlite began from humble beginnings with Luke and Hobin in 1946 who started at a small premise on Great North Road manufacturing Perspex cabinet handles. By 1946 the company had widened their product range to include display stands, towel rails, fluted sugar bowls and car tail lights.
1950: Clearlite opened a new operated in Ponsonby and produced a wide variety of plastic products including skydomes, refrigerator door liners and firescreens. Soon after, Clearlite started producing vacuum formed polystyrene refrigerator doors – which won Clearlite an design award from the Plastics institute of New Zealand.
1960's: In this period Clearlite expanded to a staff of over 100 while the product range exhibited a remarkable variety of items including exhaust fans, neon signs, boat windscreens, car weathershields, ear tags and even injection-moulded animals.
1970's: Clearlite moved to a Glenfield location and was the North Shore’s largest employer. More significantly Bathroomware became a part of the Clearlite Range of products.
1980’s: In the 1980s, and a number of companies were acquired by Clearlite as the focus shifted to bathroomware products. In 1984, Clearlite won an award for export excellence in Australia and Asia.
1990’s: The 1990s were a period of growth for Clearlite as a company with the acquisition other key bathroomware brands. Click on the pictures below to read more.
2000’s: The company continued to expand with both new brands coming on board, and extensions in our manufacturing facilities. The company which is 100% NZ owned and operated in 2006 celebrated its 60th birthday with 6 staff achieving 25 years of service.